Coronavirus situation| Open University
The instruction belongs to the following themes
By selecting a degree programme you are able to see the general content as well as the possible degree programme-specific content. You do not have to select a degree programme to see the Open University's instructions.
Search for degree programme
When you search for a degree programme by name or by part of the name the options in the list of degree programmes below the search field is narrowed down. After this you have to choose the degree programme from the list.
Master's and Licentiate's Programmes
Specialist training programmes
Information on Open University teaching and services under the exceptional circumstances caused by the coronavirus.
- Open University organises its studies mainly in an online environment rather than as contact teaching, or to offer alternative completion methods.
- The Open University’s student services can be contacted via email, through a chat service or by phone.
- Wearing a protective face mask is required on University premises, unless there are no other people present. The recommendation to wear protective face masks remains valid until further notice. In addition, safe social distancing must be always observed whenever possible to prevent exposure.
- Check the opening hours and services of Helsinki University Library and National library of Finland on their websites.
- Think Corner is closed until 15 August 2021.
- If changes are made to your current or upcoming studies, you will receive information via email and/or the online learning environment (Moodle or MOOC). The study programmes will also be updated to reflect any changes.
- If you have questions about your current studies, please contact the student services or the relevant teacher. The best way to reach a teacher is via the online learning environment (Moodle or MOOC).
- Further information: Coronavirus situation at the University of Helsinki
This article was updated on 22 July 2021.