Effects of coronavirus on traineeships
The instruction belongs to the following themes
Search for degree programme
Master's and Licentiate's Programmes
Specialist training programmes
Updated on 11.8.2021.
Coronavirus situation in Finland and abroad is changing fast. This page is updated by Career Services whenever needed. Please note that these instructions do not apply to teacher traineeships, see instructions by the Faculty of Educational Sciences.
- The traineeship subsidy is being granted normally to traineeships abroad.
- The university follows the Finnish governments’ guidelines on travelling. However, the situation can alter fast, and we might have to cancel traineeships abroad if necessary.
- Students returning from abroad should follow guidelines from THL (the Finnish institute for health and welfare) and stay in quarantine when necessary.
- If your traineeship is postponed or cancelled, you should contact Career Services immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- It is possible to return to Finland and continue the traineeship by remote work if necessary. In this case, the traineeship is not considered as interrupted or cancelled.
- We recommend that you are prepared for unexpected circumstances and costs. When making any arrangements, make sure that cancellation policies allow you to get your money back if your traineeship is cancelled due to coronavirus. The University’s insurances do not cover any costs nor does the University compensate costs caused by interruption or cancellation of traineeship.
Traineeships during the Coronavirus era (also relevant for traineeships abroad)
The Coronavirus situation causes uncertainty about hiring trainees and traineeship periods.
- Traineeships can be completed in accordance with the instructions of the host organization in Finland.
- Traineeships can be completed partly or fully remotely. In the university-funded traineeship, the trainee must have an assigned supervisor whose duty it is to provide guidance to the trainee. In remote work, special attention should be payed to guidance.
- We have created some guidelines for traineeships that are completed remotely. You can find those guidelines on Aarresaari.net –site.
- You must know the start date and the end date of your traineeship period when you are applying for a traineeship funding. The traineeship subsidy will not be granted if the traineeship period is unconfirmed.
- If you have been granted the subsidy and your traineeship period is postponed to a later date that has not been confirmed, your subsidy is withdrawn. You may apply for the funding again when the new traineeship period is confirmed.