Traineeship in a nutshell
The instruction belongs to the following themes
By selecting a degree programme you are able to see the general content as well as the possible degree programme-specific content. You do not have to select a degree programme to see the Open University's instructions.
Search for degree programme
When you search for a degree programme by name or by part of the name the options in the list of degree programmes below the search field is narrowed down. After this you have to choose the degree programme from the list.
Master's and Licentiate's Programmes
Specialist training programmes
Read the brief general instructions on traineeships.
- Read the degree programme-specific traineeship instructions.
- Find a traineeship. Read the relevant instructions.
- Once you have secured a traineeship position, ensure that you have an employment contract. Also, verify with the traineeship coordinator of your degree programme that the position is suitable for your studies.
- If the employer requires that the traineeship must be subsidised by the University of Helsinki, apply for the funding according to the instructions. Read the instructions for concluding the traineeship agreement.
- Prepare carefully for the traineeship period and make the most of it as a learning experience. Read the tips.
- In order to obtain credit for the traineeship, a traineeship report is typically required. More information is available from the traineeship coordinator or the instructions provided by your degree programme. Remember to ask for a certificate of employment at the end of your traineeship!
- See After your traineeship website for what you should do after your traineeship has ended.