Who can apply

The instruction belongs to the following themes

By selecting a degree programme you are able to see the general content as well as the possible degree programme-specific content. You do not have to select a degree programme to see the Open University's instructions.

If you are interested in student exchange at the University of Helsinki (UH), you should start by contacting the International Office at your home university. 

You can apply to the University of Helsinki as an exchange student if there is a valid student exchange agreement between your home university and the University of Helsinki, and you have been nominated by your home university.

If your home university does not have a student exchange agreement with the University of Helsinki, but you would like to complete a part of your degree at the University of Helsinki (UH), you can apply for the visiting student status. The faculty you are interested in can offer a visiting student status (free movers, non-exchange programme students) at undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate level if you are a student enrolled and actively studying as a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD student at a university outside Finland or have received a Fulbright scholarship. 

If you are interested in a laboratory or research group traineeship or wish to work on your thesis at the University of Helsinki, the best way to find a placement is to contact interesting units directly. If you find a supervisor, you can apply for the visiting student status

We offer services for disabled students.