Final stretch of preparations for the quality system audit
The University is preparing for an audit of its quality system in autumn 2021. An international audit team will visit the University, over remote connections, from 26 to 28 October 2021.
Implementing the audit visit
The audit team has five members:
- Bernard Coulie, professor, honorary rector, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium (chair)
- Signe Tolstrup Mathiasen, master’s student, Lund University, Sweden
- Klara Bolander Laksov, professor, director of the Centre for the Advancement of University Teaching, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Petri Heinonen, manager of supply chains, UPM, stakeholder relations, Finland
- Petri Suomala, professor, vice-president for education, Aalto University, Finland
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the audit team visit will take place online. The visit includes interviews and two workshops.
Selection and coaching of University community members to be involved in the audit
Over the course of its visit, the audit team will interview University leadership, staff, students and stakeholder representatives. In addition, two workshops will be organised, one centred on students and one focusing on the development of teaching and studying. Participants in the interviews and workshops will be invited according to the wishes of the audit team.
If you are invited to an interview or a workshop, please accept the invitation if there are no insurmountable obstacles to your participation. Before the visit, all contributors are provided the chance to attend coaching (one to two hours). The invitations are personal.
Self-assessment report by the University submitted to FINEEC in late June
The audit team is preparing for the audit by examining the University’s self-assessment report and instructional websites (Flamma, Instructions for Students, Instructions for Teaching and the public University website).
The self-assessment was carried out in stages in the late autumn of 2020 and spring of 2021. The process began with four workshops, with roughly two hundred members of the University community and representatives of external stakeholders participating.
On the basis of the workshops, the audit project group drew up the first draft self-assessment report, which was discussed, among other forums, in a variety of University committees. Based on feedback provided by the committees and stakeholder interviews, the draft report was processed further. In late April, the University community as a whole had the opportunity to comment on the report in Finnish, Swedish and English.
In May, a handful of committees and the University’s management group discussed the report. On 17 June 2021, the audit steering group approved the self-assessment report, which was submitted to the digital platform of the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC) on 24 June 2021.
- Quality management at the University
- The University's strategy and decision-making
- FINEEC’s audit model for 2018–2024
- A Flamma news item published on 6 April 2021: Take part in the University’s self-assessment!
- A Flamma news item published on 21 January 2021: Benchlearning boosts the development of operations
Further information can be obtained from Quality Manager Anne Lepistö: firstname.lastname@example.org, 050 439 0400