Free online courses at the Freie Universität Berlin
As part of the newly founded European university alliance "Una Europa", which has set itself the goal of intensifying cooperation in the area of study and teaching, Freie Universität Berlin (FUB) is participating in the joint project "Online Pedagogical Resources for European Universities" (OpenU).
In our first OpenU pilot project, "Virtual student journeys", we would like to give the opportunity to undergraduate students of Una Europa universities to participate digitally in the following online courses, offered at Freie Universität Berlin in the upcoming winter semester 2021/22:
- Creative Writing (Arts & Humanities) | Dr. Gregor Wolfgang Hens | Language: English | 5 ECTS
- Integration in Germany: Policy and Debate (History and Politics) | Daniel Nethery | Language: English | 5 ECTS
- The United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (Political Science) | Instructor: Dr. Berthold Kuhn | Language: English | 7 ECTS
2-3 students have the opportunity to participate tuition-free in each course. Students who are interested in one of the offered courses will be accepted on a "first come, first served" basis if they meet the following participation requirements:
- Enrollment as BA student in your university (min. 3rd semester)
- English language proficiency on an advanced intermediate level (CEFR B2, IELTS 5.0-6.5, TOEFL 72-94) in order to be able to follow the course content and participate in the final examination (no official proof needed)
The courses are offered in English and you can earn ECTS for completing the course. Students are supposed to individually take care of the recognition of ECTS credits with the respective contact person at your university. The courses are designed for undergraduate students.
Students who are interested in attending one or more courses should please write an email to email@example.com by 15th of August 2021 at the latest with the following information:
• Date of birth
• E-Mail address
• Name of partner university
• Name of the Online Course(s), they wish to attend
• Scanned copy of their enrollment certificate from your university