How can I request a certificate of student status?

The certificate of student status is a free-of-charge certificate of attendance or non-attendance available to all University of Helsinki degree students. You can use a certificate of student status to prove that you are a University of Helsinki student in cases where a student card or transcript of studies is insufficient.

You can request a certificate of student status by ordering it from WebOodi. The certificate can be in Finnish, Swedish or English. See instructions for ordering the certificate from WebOodi (PDF).

If you can not order the certificate from WebOodi (for example your user account is expired) you can also send a request to Student Services via email, and a digitally signed certificate will be emailed to you. Send your request to Remember to indicate your student number.