Check your confirmation email or the Examinarium system to confirm the room and computer you are taking the exam on. You can’t take the exam on a computer other than the one assigned to you by the system.
The hours of service of the exam rooms depend on the opening hours of the building. Some buildings may close early on certain days, such as the eve of a public holiday, so make sure to always check the opening hours of the room you have registered for!
Get to the exam room early. Your exam time will be counted down from the start of the time slot you have registered for. Enter the exam room and take a seat at your designated computer no more than five minutes before the start of your exam to allow previous examinees to finish their sessions.
Prepare for any potential problems by reading the electronic exam instructions in advance. The instructions are also available in the exam rooms. The exam rooms are supervised by recording cameras.
You are required to bring your student ID card or official identification to your exams to verify your identity (in addition to video recording, the exam rooms are subject to random checks. Students are not allowed to leave the exam rooms during exams. (You are allowed to leave the room after submitting your exam.)
Leave all your belongings into the locker, including mobile phone and smart watch. You can only take your ID or student card, the key to the locker and a bottle of water to the computer. The bottle has to be see-through and without any labels. Even if you have only a digital student card, the phone is left to the locker.
Room-specific instructions (half of the computers are in use at the moment)
City Centre Campus / Learning Centre Aleksandria (Fabianinkatu 28)
- Aleksandria fourth floor. Erase boards available for making notes. Lockers are provided for examinees.
- Aleksandria K133 ground floor. Lockers are provided for examinees.
- Porthania 3rd floor, special examination facilities (1 room, 2 places) NB: only for students with a right to special arrangements! See instructions for reserving the special examination facilities.
Viikki Biocenter 1 (Viikinkaari 9)
- The exam room is on the 4th floor.
- Lockers are provided for examinees.
- Pens and papers at the moment available for sketching the answers (papers will be destroyed after the exam).
- Scanners for drawings and calculations (part of the computers).
- Viikki (Biokeskus 1, 4th floor, special examination facilities (1 room, 1 place). NB: only for students with a right to special arrangements! Scanner for drawings and calculations (part of the computer). See instructions for reserving the special examination facilities.
Kumpula Chemicum (A.I. Virtasen aukio 1)
- The exam room is on the first floor in Chemicum, room A122.
- Lockers are provided for examinees outside the exam room.
- Drawing tablets, Paint and Xournal++ for drawings and calculations in all computers. Read further instructions for drawings and calculations in advance.
- The possibility to use Matlab, Geogebra, ChemDraw, Marvin Suite, Origin, R or R studio –programs in exams that require additional tools for drawing or calculation.
- Pens and papers for the moment available for sketching the answers (papers will be destroyed after the exam).
Meilahti Biomedicum 2B (Tukholmankatu 8 B)
- The exam room is in Biomedicum 2b, room sh15.
- Lockers are provided outside the room.
- During the examinations of specialist doctors and specialist dentists, the exam room in Meilahti is reserved primarily for these exams. if needed, other reservations are cancelled.
- The exam computer is in Niemenkatu 73, huone C 207. Closed 1.3. - 14.3.2021.
- The exam computer is in Mikkeli University Consortium, Cultiva, Lönnrotinkatu 7, room 2004. Limited exam times at the moment.
If you are interested in taking your exam in the facility of some other university, see the paragraph “Instructions for students going on an exam visit”.