Student’s Digital Skills course is completed through self-access studies and online exams. You can complete the course entirely independently on your own computer whenever you wish. The course is most beneficial when completed at the beginning of the studies.
The course completion has been divided into two parts:
- Student’s Digital Skills: Orientation (2 cr)
- Student’s Digital Skills: Advanced Skills (1 cr)
It is recommended that the orientation part of the course be completed during the first or, at the latest, the second period of the first academic year. The course is available to all students, but if you are pursuing a first-cycle degree, it is a compulsory component of your general studies.
Completion instructions in a nutshell
(More detailed instructions are available in their entirety on Moodle, see point 1 in the list below.)
Note! If you have previously completed any of the orientation courses DIGI-000A, DIGI-100A, DIGI-200A, DIGI-300A, DIGI-400A or AYDIGI-500A, please, see below section “DIGI-B Student’s Digital Skills: Advanced Skills”.
- Find on Moodle the DIGI-A Student’s Digital Skills: Orientation course and log in to the course platform. The course platform is available July 1, 2020.
- Review the learning material available in Moodle and take the entry level tests. You may take the entry level tests as many times as needed to receive the required score.
- After you have passed all the entry level tests and studied the learning material well enough to be sufficiently prepared for a final exam, register for the exam in WebOodi. You can find the correct exams in WebOodi by using the code DIGI-A Student’s Digital Skills: Orientation.
The exam timetable for the academic year 2020-2021 is available in Weboodi by July 1.
NB! Remember to register in WebOodi before taking the final exam, since the completion of the course will not be registered without it, even if you passed the exam.
- If you passed the final exam and you registered for it in advance in WebOodi, the completed course will be registered for you. Next, you can complete the course DIGI-B Student’s Digital Skills: Advanced Skills. However, you will only be able to complete it after the completed orientation stage is registered in WebOodi.
- If you did not pass the final exam you can try to pass the exam again for a second time during the same examination period; however, there must be at least a week between the exams. You may also register for the final exam in the next examination period. Further information is available in Moodle.
DIGI-B Student’s Digital Skills: Advanced Skills (1 cr)
- If you have previously completed any of the orientation courses DIGI-A, DIGI-000A, DIGI-100A, DIGI-200A, DIGI400A or AYDIGI-500A you may take the course “DIGI-B Student’s Digital Skills: Advanced Skills” without taking the course DIGI-A first.
- The following section lists the degree programmes where the advanced skills course is substituted by a course from the degree programme in question. The advanced skills course of other degree programmes can be found in Moodle with the code DIGI-B Student’s Digital Skills: Advanced Skills.
- Completion of this course is similar to the completion of the orientation part of the course: First, you have to pass the entry level test and then the final exam. Remember to register for the final exam in WebOodi before completing it in Moodle.
The course platform and the examination timetable for the academic year 2020-2021 will be available July 1, 2020.
Do you need special support in studying for the course?
Contact teaching for the course is organised as an Open University course each term. This course is recommended especially to students whose starting level in information and communication technology is low and who need special support in studying for the Student’s Digital Skills course.
More information is available in WebOodi with the code AYDIGI-500A Open uni: Student's Digital Skills: Orientation.
OBS! Undervisning på finska. NB! Teaching in Finnish