Before you start the application, please read the instructions below and collect all necessary documents for your application. Some details can no longer be edited by you, once you have filled in the registration form. Reading the instructions saves a lot of time and effort. Following the detailed instructions on how to apply via Mobility Online while filling in the application form can be very helpful.
You start the application process by choosing the heading for visiting student applications from the top of the Mobility Online portal. On the following page you choose Visiting student as the Exchange program of the institution. Once you have chosen the correct program, you can register your application. Mobility Online will guide you forward step-by-step.
- You should apply for the visiting student status from the Faculty you plan to study/receive the credits in.
- It is not possible to apply for a visiting student status for courses provided by the University of Helsinki Language Center.
- All the requested documents must be either in Finnish or Swedish or in English. In case your home university does not provide transcripts in any of the aforementioned languages, you are responsible for the translation of the document yourself. Such a document needs to be either a certified translation of the original document or the sending institution needs to verify your own translation with a stamp and a signature.
- Applications that are not complete (e.g. there are documents missing) will not be processed.
- Forged or invalid documents cause a cancellation of the student's admission.
- Application documents are not returned to you.
Fixed-term right to study granted to visiting students is not intended for mobility between Finnish institutes of higher education. Instead, students enrolled at a Finnish institute of higher education as degree students should apply for the right to complete flexible studies (JOO scheme) or nondegree studies at the University of Helsinki.